Taco Tuesday never looked so tasty!
- 2-3 lbs. Chuck Roast
- Chilis in Adobo Sauce (sauce only), plus extra chilis depending on spice level.
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Tbsp. of Cumin
- Tbsp. of canola or vegetable oil
- Beef Barbacoa
- Tortilla shells of choice
- Avocado Slices
- Pickled Pink Onions
- Cotija Cheese
- Lime wedges
1. Cut the chuck roast into 2 inch cubes
2. Season with salt
3. In a hot pan with a canola or vegetable oil, sear the chuck roast cubes on all sides until browned.
4. Place in slow cooker.
5. Add chilis in adobo sauce, sliced yellow onion, garlic, bay leaves, beef broth, lime juice, and cumin to slow cooker.
6. Cook on high for 6-8 hours or until beef easily pulls apart.
7. Pull beef apart.
8. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Put tortilla shells directly on a flame, whether it be on your grill, or a gas powered stove, until tortillas start to bubble up and develop a char.
-In a hot pan with canola or vegetable oil, fry until the tortillas start to bubble up, brown, and get crispy.
- Wrap tortillas in a wet kitchen towel. Put the towel on a microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minute. Check the tortillas. Continue to steam until desired texture.
Top the tortillas with beef barbacoa, avocado slice, pickled pink onions, cotija cheese, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.